Monday, January 7, 2013

Glancing Back. Flying Forward.


January 6th

 Twelfth Night. Decorations packed away; the rooms seem bare.

My diary has been neglected. Where do the days and weeks go?

 They’ve been filled with teaching, music, art, pottery, gaining my Level Two Reiki certification, helping at one of my favourite events – Ten Thousand Village fair in Riverview, visiting friends in Saint John – and making big travel plans.

Our autumn yoga classes were as ever, fun and deeply enriching. From five-week-old babies to seniors we stretched and twisted, balanced and flowed, and laughed too.



There were drives to Sackville to hear several rewarding performances by Mount Allison music faculty and an amazing recital by a young violinist at the Moncton Community Concerts.  We went on Fundy and Across the Marsh art tours and I completed my pottery explorations. My fern plate is now on display in our dining room. This year’s festive card was also a successful project.





Hot chocolate and treats with friends, Discovered Atthea the new delectable shop in town for artisan teas, delicious drinks and melt-in-your-mouth ‘mignardises’.


Movies: Incredible 3-D film ‘Pina’ about the legendary dancer and choreographer Pina Bausch and her company.  A sensual, visually stunning journey of discovery on stage with the legendary Tanztheater Wuppertal  and on city streets and the surrounding countryside. I could have watched it three or four more times.

 Two interesting black and white films; ‘The Artist’ and a Christmas gift ‘It happened on 5th Avenue’ Plus a re-watching of ‘The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel’. The last preparation for my next adventure – three months in India!!

I’m taking a sabbatical session from teaching and  will fly out on Thursday, January 10 and will be in Kerala in southern India on Saturday morning. Flying by way of Toronto, London and Doha.  I’m staying with the family I stayed with a few years ago when I went to study advanced yoga and Ayurveda. They live in a small village called Beypore, on the Arabian Sea.



 I’ll be studying, exploring several new ventures, fulfilling dreams and expanding my creativity. Also teaching yoga to ladies in the local community.

 So it’s goodbye to my Blue Tulip journal for a few months. Though there will be lots to write about, and dozens of photos to share in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment