Thursday, May 31, 2012

Stripes Redux. Double the Fun

In January I mourned the disappearance of our ‘pet‘ chipmunk. The one who had lived in our garden and under the deck for many years.

 With a sad heart I had to believe it was time for him to leave.

But no. Imagine my joy when when one day last month I absently glanced out of the kitchen window, and there he was, as perky and bright-eyed as ever.



Now whether this is the same Stripes who had decided to hibernate – good idea – or a new-born we’re not sure. But as ever it is good to have a chipmunk back as part of nature’s outdoor bounty.

In fact we have seen three of them; chasing and racing round in circles. One evening last week I was bending down by the plants beneath the cherry tree and two of them almost ran over my toes.



Welcome back, all of you chipmunks. Now I must go and serve up more peanuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment